Newspapers and Magazines

This collection brings together historic Catholic newspapers and magazines owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHRC) 6740 Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia , PA 19149.  For more information please see: http://www.chrc-phila.org/

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 Items
This collection contains issues of the weekly popular literature newspaper Redpath's Illustrated Weekly, also known as Redpath's Weekly and Redpath McGee's Illustrated Weekly. These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHRC) 6740 Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia , PA 19149.  For more information please see: http://www.chrc-phila.org/
This collection gathers together issues of the newspaper The Catholic Herald, published in Philadelphia from 1833 under a variety of titles. These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center, 100 E. Wynnewood Rd. Wynnewood, PA 19096. For more information please see: http://www.pahrc.net/
Digitization status: Ongoing.
This collects all of the extant issues of The Gael owned by the American Catholic Historical Society. Some early issues lack some pages. In Irish and English. These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHRC) 6740 Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia , PA 19149.  For more information please see: http://www.chrc-phila.org/
Digitization status: Ongoing.
This collection contains issues of the newspaper The Truth Teller, published in New York. These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHRC) 6740 Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia , PA 19149.  For more information please see: http://www.chrc-phila.org/
This Trenton, New Jersey Catholic newspaper started in 1886 and continued until at least 1889. Only selected issues are available, and are organized by volume. These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHRC) 6740 Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia , PA 19149.  For more information please see: http://www.chrc-phila.org/

Digitization status: Complete.