MacSwiney Club

The MacSwiney Club evolved from Camp 100, Clan-Na-Gael and was officially organized in Jenkintown in 1935 although minutes bearing the name go back to at least January 1926.  It was named in honor of Terence MacSwiney (1879-1920), Irish patriot, statesman, and martyr.  Originally located at 222 Old York Road, the club purchased its current facilities at 510 Greenwood Avenue from the Loyal Order of Moose, and moved there in 1946. For many years the MacSwiney Club was home to the Timoney Irish Dancers, and Irish music and dancing were regular events. 

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Items