Eleanor C. Donnelly
This collection contains the papers of Eleanor C. Donnelly, 1838-1917. She was a figure on the Philadelphia Literary scene. She was a known as "The Poet of the Pure Soul", and was also a contributor to numerous Catholic magazines and newspapers. She edited the Augustinian magazine "Our Lady of Good Counsel" for a period and wrote over 85 books. This collection contains correspondence to and from her, largely from priests and Bishops throughout the United States in answer to her requests for facsimiles of episcopal seals. As well as a manuscript containing signatures of American Confederate prisoners of war held at the Johnston's Island prison. Items are arranged in sequential order. (For more information about this American Civil War item, please see the Johnson's Island Preservation Society's page on POW Autograph Books.) The bulk of the materials date from 1873-1898.
These materials are owned by the American Catholic Historical Society and maintained at the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center, 100 E. Wynnewood Rd. Wynnewood, PA 19096. For more information please see: http://www.pahrc.net/Show/hide more info.