Villanova Digital Library

Villanova University's Digital Library initiative assembles, presents, and preserves digital collections that support the teaching and research of the campus and the global community of scholars. We work with faculty, staff and regional partners to select and develop resources that enhance access for a wide range of disciplines and audiences.

Learn more about the Digital Library

Saved in:
Bibliographic Details
Summary:
Villanova University's Digital Library initiative assembles, presents, and preserves digital collections that support the teaching and research of the campus and the global community of scholars. We work with faculty, staff and regional partners to select and develop resources that enhance access for a wide range of disciplines and audiences.

Learn more about the Digital Library

Reset Filters
Collection: MacSwiney Club
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Items
  1. 1
    The MacSwiney Club evolved from Camp 100, Clan-Na-Gael and was officially organized in Jenkintown in 1935 although minutes bearing the name go back to at least January 1926.  It was named in honor of Terence MacSwiney (1879-1920), Irish patriot, statesman, and martyr.  Originally located at 222 Old York Road, the club purchased its current facilities at 510 Greenwood Avenue from the Loyal Order of Moose, and moved there in 1946. For many years the MacSwiney Club was home to the Timoney Irish Dancers, and Irish music and dancing were regular events.