Catholica Collection

This collection makes available digital content of Catholic materials including books, journals, papers, and manuscripts dealing with the Roman Catholic Church in general, and in particular works created or published in the Americas. Much of the digitalized content will come from physical works made available from our Digital Partners.  Digitization Status: Ongoing.

Saved in:
Tags: Add Tag
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Showing 1 - 20 of 73 Items


This collection brings together the popular literature German language New York published Catholic magazine: Alte und neue Welt: illustriertes katholisches Familienblatt zur Unterhaltung und Belehrung, which is a general interest periodical for German Catholic settlers: an "illustrated catholic monthly magazine of entertainment and teaching." The items include stories, articles about travel, history and the arts, essays on religious themes.  A sample of well known authors includes: Oscar Fraas, Gustav Schwab, Hendrik Conscience, Hoffmann von Fallersleben, Franz Kugler, Wilhelm Herchenbach, and Gall Morel.  Digitization Status: Ongoing.
This collection contains items owned or published by the American Catholic Historical Society. Digitization Status: Ongoing.
The Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, founded in 1899, serves as the collective voice of U.S. Catholic higher education. Through programs and services, the association strengthens and promotes the Catholic identity and mission of its member institutions so that all associated with Catholic higher education can contribute to the greater good of the world and the Church. This collection provides access to the association’s flagship publication, the Journal of Catholic Higher Education, and its forerunner, Current Issues in Catholic Higher Education.
This collection contains the Catholic Library Association's reference publications that predate the creation of the CPLI online index in 1981:
  • The Guide to Catholic Literature, 1888-1967
  • Catholic Periodical Index, 1930-1967
  • Catholic Periodical and Literature Index, 1968-1980
Founded in 1921, the Catholic Library Association was organized by interested librarians to provide opportunities for professional development and sponsor publications applicable to Catholic culture and literature. In 1930, the association became independent of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) and published the first volume of the Catholic Periodical Index. Besides these publications, the association sponsors local chapters, national sections and hosts an annual joint convention with the NCEA. For more information see: http://www.cathla.org

Catholic Library Association
205 W. Monroe St., Ste. 314
Chicago, IL  60606-5061
312-739-1776
cla2@cathla.org
This collection brings together all the Educational Briefs published by the American Ecclesiastical Review and the Dolphin Press.
This collection brings together historic paper collections physically owned by Villanova University and related to the Catholic Church. One notable subcollection is the French language correspondence between Bishop Francis Kenrick and Marc Antony Frenaye.
Malvern Retreat House is the largest and second-oldest lay-led Catholic retreat center in the nation. Material consists of Malvern Retreat House Newsletters, Charter, and an unpublished thesis. For more information see the website at: http://www.malvernretreat.com/ Digitization Status: Ongoing.
This collection contains fulltext newspapers and newsletters. Notable items include: the Truth Teller. Digitization Status: Ongoing.
This collection collects together the "Official Catholic directory", included are the preceding names of this serial including but not limited to: "The Official Catholic directory and clergy list", "The Catholic directory, almanac and clergy list", "Hoffmans' Catholic directory, almanac and clergy list quarterly". Volumes are being contributed from Villanova University collections as well as from Digital Library partners including: Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center; the American Catholic Historical Society; and others. Digitization status: ongoing.
This collection brings together various groupings of materials owned by the Philadelphia Archdiocesan Historical Research Center, about noted Catholics and Catholic institutions, and memorable events related to Catholic history. Including notable Catholic newspaper collections. For more information, kindly contact the Archdiocesan Historical Research Center, 100 E. Wynnewood Rd. Wynnewood, PA 19096. For more information please see: http://www.pahrc.net/
Saint Agnes Parish is a Roman Catholic Parish located in West Chester Pennsylvania. This collection brings together historical materials about the parish including manuscript and typescript chronicles relating events in the parish. Most materials date from the 1880s to the 1920s. For more information kindly see: http://saintagnesparish.org/ Donated by Noel Dolan, Digitization Status: Ongoing.

Saint Anne Church is located in a section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania known as Port Richmond. Founded July 4, 1845, the parishioners gave assistance to many of the millions of Irish immigrants who found here in the United States the freedom, liberty and prosperity denied to their ancestors in Ireland during the years 1845 to 1850. The history of Saint Anne Church and of her membership throughout the years, has been one of service to the An Gorta Mor, its victims and survivors.

This collection brings together historical materials about the parish including cemetery ledgers, photographs, manuscripts, and other historical materials relating to events in the parish. Digitization status: ongoing.

This collection contains materials from St. Augustine Church, Archdiocese of Philadelphia, PA
This collection contains materials from the Sisters of the Order of St. Basil the Great. Included in this collection are digital images of photographs, manuscript letters, and realia. The original materials are available at the Archives, 710 Fox Chase Road, Fox Chase Manor, PA 19046. For more information kindly see: http://www.stbasils.com/ Digitization Status: Ongoing.
This collection contains materials including books, and other items owned by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. The Sisters of the Holy Child Jesus are an international community of Catholic women religious committed to Christ, living their consecrated life in the spirit of the Society founded by Cornelia Connelly in 1846. For more information kindly see: http://www.shcj.org/society.html